Attic rat, I have bad news, you wont be able to patent a pully with a single anchor point. You might be able to patent a pully system but would have to be unique, pretty darn unique. However for a copywrite for a name, all you have to do is have a dated, printed form or picture of it distributed with its name, among your peers to guarantee a date, then search for possible matches..... Not sure if the internet counts, but you may have already taken the first step? [Linked Image]

As for pulling with poly rope, I do it all the time with HAND pulls only. One, tops two guys. If it needs more than that, the rope comes out, and gets the braided stuff with the puller.

Years ago I was called over to a job to help another foreman with a pull of 4X250 at 200' in an undersized 2 1/2". I got there and he had seven or eight guys on a poly rope, just then the rope snapped and sent everyone 20' into a pigpile on the otherside of the room. Fortunately no one was hurt. (Had the boss pull the guy and had to start over... He wouldn't listen to anyone when they told him the pipe was too small, or when complained that it was dangerous to try like that.)

Pulling with a truck, I'll never do that again! Ten years ago, had a boss pull that one, dropped the clutch and nearly took me through the pipe as I fed it.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason