Thanks a whole heap for your comments guys.
Sure this must be the toughest nut I've had to crack in a long while.
Usually I can work these sorts of things out for myself, it's just the broken employment thing that I can't seem to get over.
Jps1006,
For a start, there is no way at all that I would sink to a level of bribery.
We all have a part to play in this industry and when it comes down to that sort of thing, I'd sooner leave and find a job outside of a place like that.
John,
I've asked the Apprentice to submit his last payslip, as Apprentices have the amount of hours printed on the payslip.
That has to help I guess.
Mark,
Yeah, I can agree with that, It seems to me that this guy (sure he has made a mistake, h**l who hasn't over the years?) is at the mercy of a guy that never liked him from the start.
Alan,
There is a difference here, between "Supervisor of Electrical Work" and "Employer", the first meaning that I make sure that the guy doesn't electrocute anyone, that means the customer, me or the general public.
Secondly, the Employer pays his wages, he has the greatest say in this matter and he could easily over-ride me in any submission to the EWRB (Electrical Workers Registration Board), if he was that way inclined.
Sad yes, I know, but you don't know how cold the water is until you try it, do you?. [Linked Image]