Guys,
I need your advice here.
I've just got off of the telephone from an Apprentice that I used to train with the company that I used to work for as a Supervisor of Apprentices.
The young fella was sacked after it was found that he had a problem with partying and so forth.
Now up until the time that he was "let go" he had a perfect record with us, although he was late a couple of times.
His work was top-notch and I even gave him a reference to show that he was a good employee.
Now, he did 8500 hours with us (in an 8000 hour regime) with regard to practical hours, the Licencing Board here in New Zealand need a reference from his Boss, which wasn't me.
It is my ex-Boss, who I'm not on the best terms with anyway.
This has lapsed 1 1/2 years, but the guy is sure that he want's Registration as an Electrician.
I'm willing to help him, (outside of my working hours) as I know that the guy has cleaned his life up since.
He knows he dropped the ball and he would just like to get registered.
Question is, how do you approach a Boss that has already sacked you?.
Especially a highly-strung guy like I'm talking about.
IMO, he doesn't have to do a d**n thing, but how do you coax him around to help this guy.
We are short enough of Electricians here, 1 more good one would be a bonus, considering he's done the hours.
What's your opinion?. [Linked Image]

{Please let's keep this one on-topic}