After reading the ' background of the invention' I can see now why NASA sticks to only making rocket fuel.
Going back to the 300 watt loss on a termination that comes out to a 48 ohm resistor in series with the load. Which begs the question, when you get to the customers place of business are the lights on at all.
It would seem to me that when a customer starts having problems with lighting circuits constantly blinking, motors burning up, unless the owner is totally clueless, ought to call his maintenance department to check out the electrical equipment.
Also it would seem expedient to have, or start a good PM program where these connections are periodically checked and when corrosion is found to 'Clean the Conductors' and re-torque the connections.
Annealling and Pickle areas are notorious for corrosion and these places always have period shutdowns just for checking these problems.
MCCs and motor rooms from what I have seen are clean and always checked to ensure the filters are functioning properly and the equipment, such as contactors, brushes, comms, the electronic controls are clean and free of corrosion. If these are not kept up to a reasonable level, the customer loses alot more the money saved in the 16% you are talking about.
I guess the bottom line is that everybody has to have a 'gimmick' and this sounds like a good one.

Wm.Colt