electro2: You have got me seriously confused! You profess that this electrolysis is causing corrosion because of petroleum based chemicals that are are electrically inert? Wait a minute, electrolytic corrosion requires an electrolyte (Sorry guys, these can be solid liquid or gaseous), BUT they MUST be an ionic conductor (them electrons need a path to move). Hmmm, if these petroleum based goops don't conduct, then they must not be a good electrolyte but your magic stuff does conduct (how and why would you want to do that, especially since it contains "natural oils" which by the way are carbon compounds that generally have no free electrons to conduct with), which means it is a good electrolyte thereby making me shake my head and wonder what you are talking about?

BTW, as you requested my reference is Physical Chemistry 6'th ED by Peter Atkins p.253. I'm sure my Inorganic Chem book goes into more depth.

Also, please, I request your patent number and some e-mail addresses of your chemists or physicists. I have 24/7 access to dozens of pHD's to corroborate your truth, if it is indeed the truth. The benefits of working for a University are great.

[This message has been edited by rat4spd (edited 04-18-2003).]