Reno:
IMHO, the problems that are part of the recent storm are not that of the linemen, the out of state crews that arrived here to help, or the hard working support people that are in various depts of the POCO.

Here in NJ, one utility (JCP&L) has a bad track record from past failures, either results of natural issues, or of their equipment being neglected for a long time. That company has been thru three name changes within the last 10-15 years caused by changes in corporate ownership. JCP&L, then GPU, then now back to JCP&L with First Emergy as the corporate owners. The popular consensus here is it's all about the corporate bottom line.

The biggest complaint over the years is...LACK of communications, and outright false information. Tell the people it will be ten days, or whatever...not it will be restored by tonite. Repeat the last comment for many, many tonites.

There are others in areas (Long Island, areas of New York that have issues also, most of which I have no direct knowledge of, perhaps Mr. Bill can add something from his locale.

No pushing anyone around, no ego, just comments from others who are tired of bad communications. It's not like saying I like 7-11 as opposed to Wawa, or Quick Check convenience stores. There is NO choice in POCOs, only choice of who you can purchase the KWs from, but no choice on the delivery system.

Please enlighten me on the "WHO" is that you refer to as restricting the manpower and materials??

John