Before I try to put this thread back on track, I want to thank Tesla for sharing his cynicism in an area where press coverage often sounds like a middle-school cheerleader squad.

"Wind power! Sun Power! Go .....POWER!" laugh

Nevada has presented itself as the "Saudi Arabia of Solar Power." Indeed, the Nevada utility (NV Energy) produces quite a bit of power from 'green' sources.

One would think this progress would be welcomed by the green crowd; but it is not. Instead, NV Energy is continually castigated and opposed at every turn.

Part of the criticism is because the green advocates claim that the 'wrong' green energy is being used. There are active efforts underway to remove hydro-electric generators and "restore nature." (Bear in mind that many of these generating turbines would fit in the back of a pick-up truck, and sit alone atop a flume that catches mountain springs as the emerge from the rocks). NV Energy has also been castigated for having 'too much' geothermal power in it's "green" mix.

Proposals to build solar farms are opposed as being disruptive to the 'unspoiled' nature of the 'wilderness.'

These issues should make it clear that the problems are not technical ones. Nor are they the result of some 'big oil' or 'power company' conspiracy. Rather. the obstacles we face are purely political, driven by parties whose actions only make sense if you accept that their goal is the destruction of modern society. They don't care a whit about the cute little creatures.

This is why I say that India's quagmire is our future - if we let this silliness continue.