I tend to go on by discussions that go on for several pages since I can't sit still long enough to read all the posts. At the same time, I am a stickler for proper grounding and bonding mainly because it is so misunderstood and its the end user's last line of protection during a electrical fault. Here’s my two cents to get some peoples fruit of the looms up in a bunch and I apologize before hand if I repeat anything already said.

To answer the OP, it is clear enough to me. To validate a listing, you do not go to the category description. You go to the manufacturer’s separate listing to validate it. In other words, if I saw a recept missing the jumper and the electrician quoted 250.146, (s)he better cough up the product’s listing stating that.

It even states in 250.146(A) that this provision shall not apply to cover mounted receptacles unless the box and cover combination (made as a set) are listed for proper grounding continuity. I am not sure I have ever saw one before. This tells that someone, somewhere make a box, cover combo that is listed as such. Rule of thumb, must have jumper or product documentation stating otherwise.

As for the raised covers, like Reno pics in his post, the NEC handbooks states the 250.146(A) does not apply to these types of covers. Go now and chastise me gently. I do not want my feelings hurt if I had any. smile

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa