The typical 1 & 2 family here is wired with Romex in plastic boxes with steel framing unless it is a load bearing wall. All plastic piping for water and DWV.
They avoid wood because in our wet climate it is hard to find a straight 2x4 and these days mold is also a big issue.
If the structural inspector sees a moldy 2x4 on the FEPAC you are not hanging drywall tomorrow, you are getting a mold mitigation certification. It was so bad my wife was just getting her trusses sprayed and certified as soon as the roof was black, whether they needed or not. It is not a cheap sticker to get.

I said long before the guy got killed up there that they should use at least one steel box in each isolated wall section. I have even heard of a plastic box with a bonding screw to the metal mounting strap. That would work too.
In most houses, if you bonded the wall in the kitchen with the range box, the laundry with the dryer box and got the bathrooms with a metal box you would have most of the hazards covered. That is where that metal framing might get connected to something you could touch. In the case of the guy up north it was the dryer vent box. It could also easily be the medicine cabinet in the bathroom.
I also think metal sinks should be bonded but that may just be me. Usually, I suppose the disposal does that but I haven't seen anything in the listing to prove it.

Greg Fretwell