Originally Posted by Bigplanz
I think the language adopted by Florida in re: bonding metal studs would be a good addition to the next NEC revision. Pretty simple, pretty cheap, and would eliminate the risk of energizing a metal studded wall section. Just require one metal, grounded box attached to each partition/section, thus grounding the whole section. That should be pretty cheap to implement, and, as the news story about the tragic death of the dryer installer demonstrates, this is an issue occasionally.

I agree, but I think it's too late for the next code cycle anyway, that is unless someone has already submitted a similar proposal.
So now that I think about it... wouldn't this mean that even if the NEC wanted to address this issue at all, it would have to wait until 2014 anyway?

My how the wheels of change grind slowly along in a bureaucracy... unless of course, it comes to something like handing out taxpayer dollars like a giant Pez dispenser or changing the tax code, which can seemingly be done overnight. But that's another bedtime story.