I think the ultimate electrician is one who is allways willing to learn new things, does all his work with pride each and everytime, follows codes and saftey practices, and is willing to mentor others to do the same.

I have worked in factories ever since highschool (1991). I have allways been interested in electricity and maint since i was a kid and tried to rewire my dads barn. I worked in maintenance for about 3 years doing trouble shooting and repair. thats when i decided to go back to school and get an education (associate degree in Industrial electrical maintenance). Since then i have learned alot in the field by way of on the job training and troubleshooting. I feel i am strong electricaly in troubleshooting and wiring as well as in plc troubleshooting. As well as hydraulics and pneumatic systems. I continue to take classes for some things that i can get the company to pay for and pick the brains of the older guys as well as visit this forum and others to read and learn. I don't feel i am the ultimate electrician because i still feel i have alot to learn but i do know i am a heck of a maintenance man and allways up for a new challenge.