Originally Posted by BGaquin

If the inspector said anything different from this WELL HE IS WRONG, at least per the NEC and logic, maybe he has his own CODE.

From the meter to the first OCP (service disconnect), did you run SER or conduit?

~

An isolated Neutral in the meter can (if an EGC is installed) would make little or difference during a fault.

I think the point Alan was making about bringing the fault path inside the building is a valid one.

I would not be able to not bond the neutral in the meter. Our inspectors here would have a hayday trying to make me figure out if the conduit corrossion resistant and its connections met the cross-sectioal area to equal or exceed 250.66, or if the impedance of the connections was sufficient.

Meters aren't cover in the NEC, the enclosures are. It is not the only method, but one of them. (The easiest one) Yet the conduit method is not one of the items listed in 250.28(A)IMO. While you can not have a MBJ in a sub panel, and you do need it in the main disco, you can also have one in the meter section. Often it is hard not to, as most neutral terminations are mounted on the can itself. Sounds like the OP skipped this connection having one MBJ inside the building????

250.92(B) Method of Bonding at the Service. Electrical continuity at service equipment, service raceways, and service conductor enclosures shall be ensured by one of the following methods:
(1) Bonding equipment to the grounded service conductor in a manner provided in 250.8
(2) Connections utilizing threaded couplings or threaded bosses on enclosures where made up wrenchtight
(3) Threadless couplings and connectors where made up tight for metal raceways and metal-clad cables
(4) Other approved devices, such as bonding-type locknuts and bushings

250.28(A) Material. Main bonding jumpers shall be of copper or other corrosion-resistant material. A main bonding jumper shall be a wire, bus, screw, or similar suitable conductor.

"Suitable" would be subject to debate by the AHJ...

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason