In the Transvaal, the law was different and the house *had* to be sold/rented with a stove in situ.
If the person buying is happy to accept the place without a stove, why should it be anybody else's business? That's a good example of yet another petty, freedom-reducing law, in my opinion.

I wonder how this could apply to the sale of a part-built house which isn't finished off?

She want's a Zanussi (sp?) cook-top and a Westinghouse Wall-oven.
That's a situation which is becoming quite common here as people refurbish kitchens and replace an all-in-one range with separate units.

The cooktop generally has to be wired directly to the 30A cooker circuit to allow for the the potential load (could be 6kW or so with all rings on full).

The separate ovens (if the single type) are generally rated much lower, maybe 1500 or 2000W. Many of them here are supplied with a 3-core 1.5 mm butyl rubber flex ready for connection.

Unfortunately, the most common DIY form of connection seems to be to just shove the 1.5 flex from the oven into the same terminals as the cooktop. If tapped from the existing cooker circuit, a fused spur unit is really called for (although I don;t think you have them in NZ, do you?).

Ovens are sometimes run on a 13A fused spur from the kitchen ring (not applicable in NZ either!), although I'd be very careful about how much load is already likely to be present.

Given a new install or a major refit where everything is accessible, my preference would be to run a dedicated 16A circuit for the oven.