Dapo,
Would you believe that I can't find a reference to that clause in the AS/NZS3000:2000?, it's probably in there, I just can't find it ATM.
Regarding your comments on the use of the RCD as a panacea to electrical safety, the fault-loop impedance is one of the most important quantities in an installation, if its too high, you get a problem of not having enough Excess Current to "blow" protective devices.
I don't personally use RCBO's(MCB-RCD), I like to be able to select my own form of Short-circuit protection, as not all installations are the same.
Talking about accidents caused by RCD protected circuits, one of the first call-outs I ever done as a Faults-man, was in a public hall, where a Plumber was electrocuted when he contacted the Foil insulation under the floor, which was live at 230V and it was due to a circuit that was on a RCD, too, which didn't trip, because the mechanism had frozen solid(It had NEVER been checked regularly) and I had to hit the toggle to even move it from the ON position.
Dapo, if they started fully inspecting things over here again, we'd have to build another two prisons!. [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 04-25-2003).]