Indeed. As I said above, I don't think the new rules will have much impact anyway as they'll be almost unenforceable, but assuming that those drafting them into law actually believe that they will be complied with, why on earth (<-pun intended! [Linked Image]) would they deliberately exclude something this important?

I don't know whether you recall, but some time ago I mentioned a "DIY Electrics" video tape that I saw a few years ago. It was supposedly an "easy" guide to simple electrical projects for the house -- Adding an outlet, changing a simple light circuit to 2-way (3-way) switching, and so on.

The instructions given for some of these tasks were confusing enough, and made the mistake of assuming that the existing wiring was done in one particular configuration. Some parts were so confusing that I had to sit down with paper, pencil, and pause button and sketch out what was going on in order to follow it, so what hope was there for the average DIYer?

But the final section of that tape actually went on to installing equipotential bonding conductors. I couldn't figure out just why they included that with the other projects on the tape.

The whole thing was so badly presented that when I returned it (it was from the local library) I voiced my concerns over its content to the librarian and suggested that they withdraw it.