Rocker switches are the norm in the U.K. now. In fact, the manufacturers seem to have stopped making toggles altogether, except for some over-priced mock-Edwardian/Georgian style brass fittings.

I think North America is probably the last bastion of traditional-style toggle light switches. Personally, I prefer toggles.

That's an interesting style of cable. Round types such as that are available here, but the regular NM-style cable is just an oval-shaped PVC sheath containing the conductors laid in a flat configuration (I know you'll know that Ian; I'm just including it for everyone else).

Are you sure that the RSA is still using 3-core cables with red, white, and blue? British 3-core cables changed to red, yellow, blue in 1965 when the phase B color was changed from white to yellow. (There are still plenty of the older cables in use, of course.)

When I need a neutral using the 3-core cable I generally use the blue (taped black at the ends to identify it). If the other two wires are permanent hot and switch return, then I'll keep the red as the former and use the yellow (or white) as the latter. That seems to be the most logical to me.

When using the 3-core for 2-way (U.S. 3-way) switching, then for the traditional method I use the yellow and blue as travelers and keep red for power in & feed to light.