I was shocked after touching this in-line fuseholder (see the tiny bit of metal extending out of the end?) while inspecting the installation. I was high up on a ladder with the upper part of my body above the lay-in ceiling!
I don't know if it is a poor product design, bad installation or both. I had the electrician go back and tape all 25+/- of the installations.
Is this wiring that was done by the electrician in the field? The inline fuseholders I've used have had pigtails on them, which I don't see here. I'd be willing to bet that the label on the cover says to disconnect the unit from the power supply before opening the unit. A guy would have an excellent chance of a shock if he tried to change that fuse without shutting off the supply to it anyway. Even inspectors should read the warning labels.
This box looks like it was meant to have transformers, contactors, and the like installed, which more often than not have exposed terminals. (Shut off the power) Although the fuseholder shouldn't have exposed metal, taping the end might cause the spring pressure to be wrong, and cause it to burn up (especially after a fuse change). If the original fuseholder installation doesn't void the warranty, the tape most certainly will.
If this "control box" was meant to be examined while energized, the requirement for workspace would be in effect. Layin 2x4 grid can't give you this space, as it's only 24" wide. In any event, the reason for the shock was the inspector's failure to follow proper safety procedures, ignoring the warning label even though "HAZARDOUS VOLTAGE" is written on it and there's a pic of a guy with lightning bolt through him.
I didn't get shocked by sticking my hand into some obviously energized area. Come on guys, give me a break!
Apparently I wasn't totally clear in what happened in my message sent with my photo. The shock was received from a very tiny sliver of metal exposed at the end of the black "tube" at the point where the red conductor comes out of it. This has to be either a manufacturing defect or terrible product quality. I don't know if the fuseholders on the other similar fan coil units (24+/-) in this project all had this same problem. (I'd had enough for the day after the shock! I didn't check any others.)
Unfortunately the small size of the posted photo makes the tiny bit of exposed metal difficult (impossible?) to see.
Email me if you want me to email you the original high quality photo that I took.