ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
does anyone know where i can get a cd rom or otherwise to study for the canadian or ontario whichever it may be master elec. exam?

S
Call ESA and ask when the next M.E. training course is. This course preps you nicely for the exam. Well worth the time and money.

H
thanks for the info but i dont live near any citys need to do this on my own

Cat Servant
Not to be rude ... I'm really happy you came here ... but we DO have a Canadian forum. Those folks will be happy to help you with any questions you might have .... and it's a good place to rewiew as well!

H
thanks i will go there

Cat Servant
Friends ... Homer seems to be a bit new to the internet .... anyone with info, maybe you could send him a PM? I'd really like to see him get things sorted out.

W
In British Columbia you have the equivalent to a "master electrician" in what is called an "A" electician. This is given to a person that has proven experience at voltages greater than 750 volts... Documented.... There is an exam that is required also. Ontario may be much the same. Perhaps if homerjones is an electrician already and has documented experience he can challenge the written test.

F
Im told the Ontario masters exam is all code,business and law You don't even have to be an electrician.Many guys think this cheapens the C of Q licenses but it's a game you have to play.The who point is to make one person responsible.
cheers

http://www.esaecra.info/site/007.php

Last edited by frank; 12/11/07 02:13 AM.
S
Frank, I beg to differ. The Master License definitely has its place, just as the C of Q has its place. True, you don't have to be an "electrician" to write, but I assure you, you must have much knowlege on electrical and code to write, along with OHSA and business knowledge.

F
No trying to argue but a short course engineered to pass a specific exam does not an electrican make.
This makes it easy for one to pass themselves off as a sparky even if they are not.
The public sees a master ticket as qualified in the trade and it is not a qualification at all.
I know for a fact non qualified people are passing themselves of as electricians as a result.
I have no problem with the idea but the word "master" infers qualified
guess we have to agree to disagree on this one
cheers

Last edited by frank; 12/11/07 09:09 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard