ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 432 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
1) Leave the FPN just where they are. Enforceable or not, they are a good bit of information, and ahving to "go look for them" would not help.

2) If there is a table, chart, diagram, figure, etc., put it with the text that references it, not several pages before or after the text that references it. Look at just about any other book, and you don't reference a figure or chart and then put that figure or chart several pages away.

3) Use "plain language" in the text. Say things plainly and simply. You do not get points for using $50 words when $3 words would work just as well.

Thanks
Steve
Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

D
Since you asked:

I would love to see Article 430 revised.

When looking at Figure 430.1, It would make sense if the motor feeders were part 1, the motor feeder short circuit protection was in part 2, motor disconnecting means in part 3, and so on and so on. Right now you have to go from part2, to part 5, then part 9, back to 4, then 2.

It doesn't make sense to me.

But you asked......

Dnk.........

FORM FOR PROPOSALS FOR 2008 NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CODE ®

Mail to: Secretary, Standards Council
National Fire Protection Association
1 Batterymarch Park, P.O. Box 9101
Quincy, Massachusetts 02169-7471

Fax to: (617) 770-3500

FOR OFFICE USE ONLY
Log # Date Rec’d

Notes: 1. All proposals must be received by 5:00 p.m. EST on Friday, November 4, 2005.
Proposals received after 5:00 p.m. EST, Friday, November 4, 2005, will be returned to the submitter.
2. Type or print legibly in black ink. Limit each proposal to a SINGLE section. Use a separate copy for each proposal.
3. If supplementary material (photographs, diagrams, reports, etc.) is included, you may be required to submit sufficient copies for all members and alternates of the technical committee.

Please indicate in which format you wish to receive your ROP/ROC: o electronic o paper o download

Date Name Tel. No. :

Company

Street Address

Organization Represented (if any)

1. Section/Paragraph

2. Proposal Recommends (check one) o new text o revised text o deleted text

3. Proposal (include proposed new or revised wording or identify wording to be deleted). Note: Proposed text
should be in a legislative format: i.e., use underscore to denote wording to be inserted (inserted wording) and strike-through to denote wording to be deleted (deleted wording).

4. Statement of Problem and Substantiation for Proposal. Note: State the problem that will be resolved by your recommendation;
give the specific reason for your proposal and include copies of the tests, research papers, fire experience, etc. If more than 200 words, it may be abstracted for publication.

5. o This Proposal is original material. Note: Original material is considered to be the submitter’s own idea based on or as a result of his/her own experience, thought, or research and, to the best of his/her knowledge, is not copied from another source.

o This Proposal is not original material; its source (if known) is as follows:

If you need further information on the standards-making process, please contact the
Standards Administration Department at (617) 984-7249. For technical assistance, please call NFPA at (617) 770-3000.

I hereby grant the NFPA all and full rights in copyright, in this proposal, and I understand that I acquire no rights in any publication of NFPA in which this proposal in this or another similar or analogous form is used.

Signature (required)

PLEASE USE SEPARATE FORM FOR EACH PROPOSAL

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard