A 4AM conversation when I went into a production plant and found a couple of production workers inside the controls of a 100A, 480V chiller. S=Me, T=Them
S-"What are you guys doing in there?"
T-"We've got to fix the machine"
S-"Why don't you call maintenance?"
T-"We've got no 3rd shift maintenance, Why are you taking pictures?"
S-"It's OK, I always take pictures. Don't you know that's dangerous in there?"
T-"It's OK, we do this all the time! We'll get in trouble if we don't get our parts out, and we'll get sent home if the machine breaks. All I usually need to do is push this reset button!"
He then pointed to the contactor's indicator. Sorry about my amateur arrow.
Blue masking tape held the cabinet door closed, rather than the original locking mechanism.
There was a door switch, meant to disconnect the control circuit, that was also defeated with blue tape.
I told their manager, but I'll betcha not a thing's changed, except that I'm out of their plant, now.
![[Linked Image]](https://www.electrical-contractor.net/ubb/frown.gif)
...S
[This message has been edited by electure (edited 01-18-2004).]