ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 418 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#78517 10/03/01 06:04 PM
N
Nick Offline OP
Scott,
The lines you are referring to are 220KV. (I'm about 95% sure)I have no idea why they were replaced so soon! I didn't give it a second thought when I saw Polk & Steinly stringing those up last year. [Linked Image]
Disney does not have a 66KV sub so I am not sure what happened to the other circuit. Mabey it headed north and tied in with the one that runs down Ball Rd? [Linked Image]
I am not sure of the exact distribution scheme in the new park as Steiny did that part before any of the new construction started. I do know it is a 12KV loop (similar to the old park) but I don't know how many redundant feeds. As we maintain an ongoing presence out there I'll try to find out for you. Last I knew the old park had 2 12KV circuits in a double ended lop scheme. The administration building and parking structure to the north (Ball Rd.) has it's own 12 KV circuit and distribution.

Electure,
Actually inspections out there were extremely tough. Anaheim is a tough city for electrical inspections. Your right though. Don't ever say "they will never get that by the city" out there. It's amazing what they get by with.

One other thing about theme parks. The are exempt from California's tile 24 requirements! I doubt the "power crisis" effected them at all. [Linked Image]
Nick

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

#78518 10/04/01 06:43 PM
I just today ran into some office furnishings with a sealtite whip that contained:
1) Black, red, blue,& green #12, with a white #10 neut.
2) For iso, #12 orange, white/orange tracer, and green/orange tracer.
Manufactured in Canada, it had both UL and CSA tags.
Go figure!

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 10-04-2001).]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard