ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

>> Home   >> Electrical-Photos   >> Classifieds   >> Subscribe to Newsletter   >> Store  
 

Advertisement:-Left

Custom and Personalized Fall Gifts and Decor
Halloween Gifts and Decor

Recent Gallery Topics:
What in Tarnation?
What in Tarnation?
by timmp, September 10
Plumber meets Electrician
Plumber meets Electrician
by timmp, September 10
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 347 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#78284 11/27/04 10:06 AM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,056
R
Redsy Offline OP
Member
George,
A few years ago I posted a picture of ASE "Armored Service Entrance" cable.
I'll do a search for it later. Indeed the "U" in SE-U stands for "Unarmored"

Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades

Workgear for Electricians

#78285 11/27/04 06:48 PM
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,507
G
Member
Please do Redsy, I think the group would benefit from a photo. I know I would.


George Little
#78286 11/28/04 03:48 PM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,056
R
Redsy Offline OP
Member
George,
I searches the ECN board in every manner I could think of, but couldn't find the picture I sent.
ASE resembles SE-U on the outside, but inside is a flat, metallic, spiral wound armor over top of the neutral & line conductors.
Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner, but the picture appears on page 615 in the 1990 NEC Handbook by McGraw-Hill. It is written by Joe & Brian McPartland.
These handbooks are different than the familiar NEC Handbook, in that, with the exception of Article numbers, no NEC Text is included, just explanatory material.
BTW,
They explain that SE Cable is for aboveground use.

#78287 12/01/04 11:31 PM
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1
W
Junior Member
quote:

If so, the feeder neutral conductor should be insulated, the feeder cable should include an equipment grounding conductor that runs from the pole service equipment grounding lug or neutral bar in to the basement panel equipment grounding bar (not neutral bar), the structure’s metal water system AND at least one ground rod should be bonded to the basement panel equipment grounding bar (not neutral bar) and the basement panel neutral bar should be left unbonded. Circuits fed by the panel should be wired with neutrals on the neutral bar and EGCs on the ground bar. In some cases you may be permitted to omit the grounding conductor from the feeder, bond the basement panel neutral and treat it as a service disconnect. That is up to the local AHJ.

Max..
I think that 250.28 exception no.1
applies here.
Where more than one service disconecting means is located in an assembly listed for use as service equipment, an unspliced main bonding jumper shall bond the grounded conductor(s) to the assembly enclosure.

.....Mike

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5