We had a UL rep do a presentation on GFCIs' awhile back and according to their (or his?) views any cord We use for performing our work is considered Temporary and the area (Living Rm, Dining Rm, whatever) is considered a Construction site while we are there. What this means is that We have to have, or provide, GFCI protection for our cords.
Bill
[This message has been edited by Bill Addiss (edited 08-08-2001).]
305 is for temp wiring, this is an article mostly aimed at us, and our work practices.
but take a walk thru any hardware store, we see adapters, cords, lighting etc marketed with little to no info as to 'temporary'. These are the items that cause trouble for us in the field.
There is a reason that the word "customer" comes from the root "cuss". If I get any indication that the customer is too clever for his own good, I'll plan for worst case. This might mean I'm not the cheapest, but these are sales you don't want to try too hard for anyway.