ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

>> Home   >> Electrical-Photos   >> Classifieds   >> Subscribe to Newsletter   >> Store  
 

Advertisement:-Left

Custom and Personalized Fall Gifts and Decor
Halloween Gifts and Decor

Recent Gallery Topics:
What in Tarnation?
What in Tarnation?
by timmp, September 10
Plumber meets Electrician
Plumber meets Electrician
by timmp, September 10
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 815 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#69728 09/19/06 05:55 PM
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,413
Likes: 10
Member
OK, as to AHJ's finding less violations....

The major stumbling block lately seems NOT to be NEC related......it seems to be the EC's lack of checking the job before the inspection.

NO, not all EC's, no not all jobs, but....finding five bad GFI's in one house???

Spacing issues (6-12) (>24" walls) kitch counters, etc.???

a quote from today..." I changed three GFI's out the other day, how can these not work"?
Reply..."you are standing next to me while I test them, where's your tester"??

Seems that I should try to get a approved course on procedures.

If that Ec reads this, please don't take it personal, I'm not singling anyone out, and no location or names are mentioned.

John

[This message has been edited by HotLine1 (edited 09-19-2006).]


John
Tools for Electricians:

Tools for Electricians, Installers & Maintenance Technicians

#69729 09/24/06 10:53 AM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 399
A
Member
Aphares,
The Indiana Chapter of IAEI will meet this coming February in Terre Haute. It will be the first Wed through Fri. in February I can give you a lot of information about the past 25 years of electrical licensing in Indiana.
You can contact me direct at alannadon@juno.com
Your email link did not work.
Alan--

[This message has been edited by Alan Nadon (edited 09-24-2006).]


Alan--
If it was easy, anyone could do it.
#69730 09/24/06 11:16 AM
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,413
Likes: 10
Member
Aphares:
Your e-mail link in your profile don't work
If you want NJ info, e-mail me Johnhlec1@aol.com

John


John
#69731 09/25/06 07:47 PM
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 2,876
E
e57 Offline
Member
Quote
Let us imagine a typical scenario: The inspector sees something, and says "that's wrong." Now, what's the sparky going to say? Take your pick:

a) "No it isn't you ignorant paper pusher!"
b) "Really? When did we start requiring....?"
c) "Gee, I didn't know!"
d) "Where's that apprentice?"
e) "I must have forgottem my smart pill that day" or, finally,
f) "We've always done it that way"


I have heard all of those, [duck]might have used some too[/duck]! [Linked Image] But those are in response to this.....

Boss/PM:
"I've never heard of anything like that..."
"Just don't worry about it."
"Since when?"

Or Designer/Architect:
"I've never heard of anything like that..."
"Just don't worry about it."
"Since when?"

Constantly edjucating your superiors can be a drag!


Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5