ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 394 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
W
I don't know if that Werner link shows parts but you can buy steps and other things that might break on your ladders. I carry a 12 foot step all the time and it seems vibration rattles rivets loose on the straps from the rails to the steps. I just count on buying a new one every 5 or 6 years.

I
I just turned in my 24' extension ladder to the shop.

After 4 years on the roof of the truck the rivets where loose and some where missing, just as Walrus mentioned.

I really do not use the ladder very often

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
R
OK, George, I can't help it.

How long ago?!

[Linked Image]

H
I know not everyone has this luxury but several years ago I opened up the end of my garage and installed a new 8' high rollup door and operator. Now I can keep the entire truck and ladders inside when not on the road. You can imagine how great that is during the ice and snow of winter and the garage is heated!

Not only does this keep the ladders in better shape but the truck as well. I figure that what I spent on the carpentry and door is more than covered by not having to purchase new ladders and a truck as often.

-Hal

I
Hal

You can imagine how great that is during the ice and snow of winter and the garage is heated!

Why would you want to avoid this much fun?

[Linked Image]

I am jealous of you garage guys. [Linked Image]

Bob

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
L
Don't be jealous, Bob. You get to play basketball between jobs!

Larry Fine
Fine Electric Co.
fineelectricco.com
M
quote"I know not everyone has this luxury but several years ago I opened up the end of my garage and installed a new 8' high rollup door and operator."

I did the same, I have 2 side by side 9' garage doors that follow up a sloping cieling. Vans with ladders fit really nice inside.

I have a 10metre (30ft-extended)wooden ladder, a 21ft fibreglass/aluminium extension ladder and a 7ft fibreglass step/extension ladder on my Faults truck.
Both of the extension ladders have out of factory white paint on them at the top so that you can see where the top is when setting them against a pole in poor light.
The base used in Oil-based paints will attack fibreglass and I would recommend that if any painting was to be done, use water based paint.
George,
LONG ago, we used to coat our wooden ladders with linseed oil
Mate, That was one of the first lessons I learned as an Apprentice Line Mechanic.
"Here's your tools for today son, a paint brush and a can of linseed oil and 28 extension ladders".
Oh well, at least I got paid for it. [Linked Image]

F
Mine don't do that:-)
I take mine off in the morning and put em back on at night time...

You just have to work and actually use em:-)

Try Penetrol from the Flood Co. you can find it in any paint aisle, they claim it will restore faded fiberglass

Tom
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard