ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 414 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Since he doesn't need anything but a county occupational license "qualify" his consulting business the inclusion of his contractor's license is just puffing. It has the same legal standing as saying he is a member of the better business bureau or the Lions Club.

I can see that. It's just being used as a "credential". Although, we aren't lawyers.

Personally I think the Florida licensing laws address insurance and bonding more than actual technical competance anyway.

Agreed, although I did take the 8 hour state test (I wasn't "grandfathered in) and it is a bitch.

From what I can tell, the only time the "license" actually has to be involved is when the permit is pulled. In 8 years of inspecting I think I only saw the actual license holder on a job a couple times and he didn't have any dirt on his Gucci loafers.

I don't wear Gucci's, but I resemble that remark! [Linked Image]

I'm sure most license holders aren't the guy working on the individual jobs, even if they are just running back and forth from job to job or the supply house.

I can't remember the last inspector I saw.

[This message has been edited by Amazingmg (edited 05-19-2005).]

G
I do agree that using your license when it is not required is not a wise thing (you are exposed enough when you need to use the license) but I doubt there is any real legal issue.
The dual license folks I know are very careful to keep their exposures separate. The guys who contract and also have engineer licenses are very careful to be sure someone else stamps their plans. You only poke one dragon at a time I guess.

Greg Fretwell
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard