Mark,
Here's one for ya, mate!.
![[Linked Image]](https://www.electrical-contractor.net/ubb/smile.gif)
{Probably wouldn't be as funny if you were on the recieving end of it though}
Myself and an apprentice were fitting off the Air Con unit in a new house way out in the country one day.
The Electrician that was there wasn't the nicest sort of a fella as far as manners went.
We were both told to keep a distance of 5m (15ft) from his truck at all times.
He told us to the effect of he didn't want any "low-lifes" hanging around it.
Anyway that was OK, we carried on with our work.
About an hour later, it was announced to me that the guy was leaving and seems as the Inspector had not arrived, I was told to hand the Electricians Certificate of Compliance to the Inspector when he turned up and on no account was I to let my apprentice anywhere near any of the work that he had done or the COC.
Backing out of the rather bumpy "driveway" he struck the side of my van, so I took his number plate number, as he refused to stop.
![[Linked Image]](https://www.electrical-contractor.net/ubb/frown.gif)
We stopped for lunch and after I'd eaten, I went for a walk around the house to see where the Outdoor Unit was going to sit.
I got half way around there and tripped up and grazed the h*ll out of my leg on a piece of metal in the long grass.
I looked at the bar and it looked familiar, it was the other half of the Ground Rod (that should have been in the ground)
The soil at this place was quite rocky and you'd have a hard job to drive a stake into it, although you could if you tried hard enough.
While I sat there and swore and rubbed my leg, I had an idea.
Simple, just lean it up against the wall next to the part of the stake in the ground, the other bit still had hacksaw marks on it, although the part in the ground had been "mushroomed" to look like it had been driven properly.
I never saw the Inspector, he hadn't turned up by the time we left.
But the first part of his Inspection would have been checking the Earth Rod.
Oh well.
[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 07-21-2005).]