ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 402 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Sparky,

You know the saying that you wrote about stepping on toes is so true. I had more than one GC stick me for money and guess what, I am now the AHJ in their area. You should see their faces when I walk on their jobs. Their jaw has hit the floor. They ask me what I am doing there. I tell them that I am the AHJ. They stumble and stutter and ask, "How do you like, not being in your own business. Do you miss it?" My standard response is, "I like it. Now I don't have to worry about people who don't pay me!" That usually shuts them up.

Make sure you get a contract signed even for T&M. Just state what you printed above with term/draws and have him sign it. The when he tells you I never said that! You can say heres the contract. Also helps when you need the law on your side.

Phil

Choose your customers, don't let them choose you.
E
Harold that is Priceless! Virg, tread lightly, remember "no good deed goes unpunished" Hate to be so cynical but cynicism is what keeps me from getting mixed up with the deadbeats.

B
I wonder if Roger could reply on whether or not a simple, hand-written agreement would hold up in court.

N
Yes a simple hand written contract will hold up. If it is clear about what is to be done and what is not included. Make sure it is Dated and signed by both parties. The small claims court judge here will honor that type of contract. He prefers typewritten but is not picky.

ed
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard