No animals anymore. Just a big old historic barn that the local yokels are trying to preserve. The service is the most structurally sound part of the building!
My water-well casing reads a solid two ohms by the three-point method, but the place was built in 1935. Drillers haven't used steel for domestic-well casing for ~30 years in this area.
Regardless of test numbers, nothing can prevent destruction from a direct lightning hit.
[This message has been edited by Bjarney (edited 04-02-2003).]
Thank you for the info guys. A commercial property is completely covered by a 6 inch thick concrete slab. They saw cut the concrete for plumbing equipment. I will drive the ground rods in the trench area and the acorns will be buried below the concrete. I was worried I'd have to block out the concrete for access to the acorns. Bob
As far as test instruments, local AEMC and Megger reps may be able to demonstrate their wares on your jobsite. Short-term rental may be another option.