ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 425 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Just gimee some of that good ole fashoned Southern Gospel and I'll be Praising the Lord and slinging romex till the sun sets!

You asked.
Mark

W
"Well I might ride along the border with my tweezers gleaming in the moonlighty night"

Another Zappa fan here [Linked Image]

Like all kinds of stuff, Stevie Ray,Santana(of old), Allman Bros,Hendrix, Blues in general, some jazz. Most Rock and Roll

I 'll tell you how I know I'm out of it though. Who the heck is Norah Jones?, 8 grammies last night, not only haven't I heard her music, I have no clue who the heck she is nor have I ever heard her name [Linked Image] Getting old sucks or maybe not [Linked Image]

R
I'm kind of like everyone else. I like a wide range, but none of what they call crapp uh rapp. If I'm really thinking hard trying to trouble shoot a MCC for instance I'm like Steve, easy listening or even classical.

Paul, I was on a job once where a fellow electrician had complained about the loud abnoxiuos radio's (and they were) to no avail, so he went to the temporary panel when no one was around and put 240v to the circuits long enough to cure the problem.

When the complaing and whining started,he said it happens all the time on temporary services and not to cry to him. He was 6'5 and 260 lb's [Linked Image]

Roger

B
A "loose neutral" can certainly be trouble.

Administrator
Posted for Tiffany Sparks:

[Linked Image]

Virgil (Sparky66WV)

Doh!

Heh...

electure, Thanks for the plug... That's too funny on the Zappa thing. LOL!

If we *ever* get our CD finished (yah right) I'll announce here and offer discounted rates to ECN members!

It's only taken us three years so far!

[Linked Image]

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
S
In an average hour at work, you'll hear me playing anything from Mexican pop music, soft rock/e-z listening, all sorts of other flavors of rock & roll, techno-trance, Indian pop, Colombian pop & dance music, assorted other Latin American music, jazz, "American popular standards" (Glenn Miller, Frank Sinatra etc.) classical....etc.

I could go on. My records(yup, LPs), cassettes and CDs encompass most of these genres. Of course I don't take my records to work.

And then there's also a couple of local FM stations I listen to regularly (Lite-FM 106.7 and classical WQXR-FM 96).

Sometimes I even throw in some Spike Jones platters to keep things lively. [Linked Image]

The only genre I absolutely DETEST is current rap/hip-hop music. Stuff has no hook and no rythm.

The only time I can't/won't/don't listen to anything (even spoken-word radio) is when I'm driving.

Can't concentrate or focus on the traffic with jibber-jabber or music in the background.

Tried listening to news & talk shows on WRKO and WBZ while on the road in Boston....couldn't handle it. *click*

Broom Pusher and
My music interests include "Classic Rock", "80's Rock", "90's Rock", Any Hard Rock, Metal, Punk, Progressive
Rock, and Classical Music.
Don't know many Composers, but do know what I like!!! Found improvising drum lines while practicing drums to
Classical music very enlightening! (my Cousin would probably kill me for doing this, He's a Classical Composer /
Conductor!).

Don't play music on the job too much, mostly since other trades do not like a lot of the stuff I would play. I leave the
audio tasks to someone else!

Scott35 S.E.T.

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
R
Mostly Grateful Dead, Allman Bros.
As much as I don't care for new music, I really like Norah Jones (I saw her do "Are you lonesome tonight" on an Elvis special on VH1, and it was real good).

T
I find my musical tastes vary with the season. Classic rock in the summer, Jazz, winter, gospel, fall, easy listening in the spring. [Linked Image] with some stevie Ray thrown in here and there.
We had a fella here at the 'road that would play this really obnoixous dj real loud, music wasn't bad but the dj really...um... well you know.
Tuned in the local gray hair christian station on the radio, and disconnected the string on the tuner [Linked Image]
Last I saw the radio all of the pieces where flying in the general direction of the ash pit. [Linked Image]

TW

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard