ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 113 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
S
Shawnee Offline OP
I can’t figure out why all the circuits on a 20amp gfi breaker only work while the dryer is running, and there is no longer heat to the dryer. The dryer is on its own 30 amp breaker. The breaker that only works while the dryer is running, has a couple lights in the circuit that flicker and has flicked for quite some time. Some of the outlets quit working so my partner replaced them. Before that the washer had been draining into the storm drain and kept backing up. Which I believe was creating the gfi to trip off causing the breaker to eventually trip and fail. All outlets were rewired and new wire ran from the box to the outlets. I can’t seem to find a problem in the box, is it possible that the outlets are wired incorrectly causing the circuit redirect? I’m not an electrician but have done some electrical work on houses that I have flipped.

G
Call an electrican. You have a more serious problem. This is not really a DIY site and you will be working in an area over your head.

Greg Fretwell
Flipper.....beware !!!

John

Link Copied to Clipboard