OK do you want one detector to always be for "off" and the other "on" or do you want it to toggle whenever either is triggered?
The former is how I have it designed. What I am designing has a reciprocal motion - I will need each sensor to do only one thing. Sensor one will turn on an outside circuit when activated, and sensor 2 will turn off that outside circuit. They will never operate the other way around.
The latching relay may be the simplest solution. It has 2 coils. One picks the relay, the other drops the relay. Getting from the photo detector to having the current to operate the relay coils will depend on which one you chose. I am sure you can find something that would operate them directly.
Look into P&B KUL series latching relays for what you need. Potter & Brumfield was gobbled up by TE Connectivity, which used to be Tyco, so don't let the different mfg. names throw you off. I don't remember you mentioning your desired operating voltage yet and that really does impact the best fit of many possible solutions. Joe