ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

>> Home   >> Electrical-Photos   >> Classifieds   >> Subscribe to Newsletter   >> Store  
 

Advertisement:-Left

Custom and Personalized Fall Gifts and Decor
Halloween Gifts and Decor

Recent Gallery Topics:
What in Tarnation?
What in Tarnation?
by timmp, September 10
Plumber meets Electrician
Plumber meets Electrician
by timmp, September 10
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 283 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,413
Likes: 10
Member
Yoop:
I can't find an NEC Article to prohibit this.

As you say, I have never seen more than 3 conductors plus G or N in any conduits or duct banks in >600 volt systems.

Not common practice, but......


John
Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades

Workgear for Electricians

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,055
Likes: 40
G
Member
I think the only issue might be derating. It sounds like, if you can't use the tables (that only go up to 3), you need engineering.

As for the 3, do harmonic loads throw a fly in the ointment?
(3p wye)


Greg Fretwell
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,413
Likes: 10
Member
Like I said early on....Scott35 Where are you??


John
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 849
Y
Member
For your Information Problem Solved.
Line Feeder (As it has OCP ahead of it). Comes in thur Nipple in back of cabinet. (Have to see it to understand).
Second Nipple goes out in the fused section. Thus they go same
area different routes. Line feeder not in Fused area.
I still don't think you can put two 13.8 feeders same Conduit.
Yoopersup


Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5