ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

>> Home   >> Electrical-Photos   >> Classifieds   >> Subscribe to Newsletter   >> Store  
 

Advertisement:-Left

Custom and Personalized Fall Gifts and Decor
Halloween Gifts and Decor

Recent Gallery Topics:
What in Tarnation?
What in Tarnation?
by timmp, September 10
Plumber meets Electrician
Plumber meets Electrician
by timmp, September 10
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 641 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
harold endean #209359 03/24/13 03:23 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 613
S
Member
But as far as the 2011 code is concerned, all those receptacles above need GFCI except the FA outlet.

Tools for Electricians:

Tools for Electricians, Installers & Maintenance Technicians

harold endean #209375 03/25/13 09:02 AM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,233
H
Member
OOHH!

Looks like I hit the right button! smile OK, my take. I hear a lot of EC's complaining about putting a sing recpt. AND GFI protection for sump pumps. As Greg stated, I don't think there is that exception. I wish there was.

As for trans (wall warts) as you call them. (Don't think I ever heard that term.) I like the idea of the duplex with the dead top part because the wall wart is secure. I have also seen them mounted up high so that GFI protection is not required. Using a tie wrap for the wart could have a problem. Sometimes those wraps do break.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5