ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 411 guests, and 40 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Donovon Offline OP
I should have made it clear that i shut off cir 1 and 4 as soon as I made this discovery on my initial inspection. I had been mapping out the circuits with my dmm when I discovered this issue. I made my own plans to scale on graph paper marking each device and its circuit.

the reason for moving the panel is because the service drop now goes over a 14' span of the roof installed on a 'new' patio. The location chosen is a clear shot. I figure I might as well upgrade the existing 50a panel to 200a so I can include yard accent lighting and power to a workshed in the back. I figure 200a gives room to grow. I want to rewire simply to avoid whatever craziness is up in the crawlspace that i can't see and include a device ground as the current system is hot/neutral 2 wire. I figured it might be easier to run new circuits and cut patches to make runs. That way I just leave the old stuff alone and just have it completely disconnected.

I have been showing my folks this thread and they now agree that I may have had a point.

Donovon Offline OP
LOL, wow. We may be related... My Dad's Uncle is the 'other electrician' in my situation. For some reason he was trying really hard to convince my Dad I don't know wtf I'm saying and everything is ok. He was so adamant I finally had to ask here if I should hang up my hard hat and work at Subway...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard