ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

>> Home   >> Electrical-Photos   >> Classifieds   >> Subscribe to Newsletter   >> Store  
 

Advertisement:-Left

Custom and Personalized Fall Gifts and Decor
Halloween Gifts and Decor

Recent Gallery Topics:
What in Tarnation?
What in Tarnation?
by timmp, September 10
Plumber meets Electrician
Plumber meets Electrician
by timmp, September 10
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 444 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,055
Likes: 40
G
Member
I think the easiest way is to find a heavy duty 5-20 "air conditioner" extension cord with the 12 ga "zip cord" and split the conductors.


Greg Fretwell
Tools for Electricians:

Tools for Electricians, Installers & Maintenance Technicians

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 251
W
Member

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,055
Likes: 40
G
Member
He needs 5-20


Greg Fretwell
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 787
L
LarryC Offline OP
Member
The extech unit has the advantage of providing a safer means to connect the voltage probes. I can work around the lack of IEC 320 connectors. I have heavy duty line cords with a 5-15 on one end and the high current IEC 320 on the other end.

Assuming the x1 port will work if I push the current up to 18 or so amps for a short time interval, I can make this unit work.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5