The $1000 upgrade was the early 90s here but that was a contracted price. That was what my wife quoted when it was bundled with an HVAC contract. They had a couple of electricians who did these with the A/C company handling all of the permitting, bookkeeping and collections. I imagine the outlet price is reasonable if you are doing a lot of them at the same time and the walls are open. (no finish work included) It certainly is ridiculously low for a single outlet call in old work. Fifteen years ago, my rule is I wouldn't start my truck for less than $100.
I got a little spoiled when things were good and had some financial rules of thumb also. The slow economy changed that a bit and had to rescind my oath to stay out of residential wiring. The RRP lead safety requirements are a pain! I'd do a 100 amp service change for $1000. but that's the only price on the list that's even close to having a profit margin. Wondering whatever happened to AtticRat? His detailed job adventures were great entertainment.
Half of that $50 for the small stuff would be eaten in gas getting the van to the jobsite.. Fishing wire down walls, crawling through attics or under houses... $70 for 3ways??? possibly on separate floors? Whoever made the list clearly is either working cash under the table (and even then those prices are light..) or has watched too much Bob Vila..
You know I agree with Lostazhell. I don't think gas is included, or that is a list very easy jobs. I don't see it being worth the time even if it was right next door and even then. But, then again " unenjoyment" is still high.
Has any one had customers complain when you or a helper has to go back to a supply house to pick up a part for the job? We used to get a call that something was broken or not working. Go to the job, trouble shoot it. Find that you need a new breaker or nicknack that you don't have on your truck. Run to the supply house and then go back to install it. Then find out the customer doesn't want to pay for your time traveling from their house to the supply house and back. They think that that time should be free or not counted.