It came with instructions; there's no indication of any missing parts.
The tab at the bottom is what secures the bulb cover (not installed) in place.
The UL label on the fixture is one of the hologram 'counterfeit resistant' ones.
I am sure UL will respond when I file a 'field report.'
Anyone wishing to see this fixture, visit Lowes and ask for this: http://www.lowes.com/pd_208807-1390-GU8013-WH-I_0__?productId=3195231&Ntt=porch+light&Ns=p_product_price|0
From what I can tell on the internet this is a Utilitech brand fixture which is one of Lowe's house brands.
It would be interesting to see how one of their in store experts says it should be installed. There are no Lowe's in my part of Canada so I can't ask one.
Is it possible that the back is inserted backwards? I have a very similar fixture an the back is reversible. (just tried it)you mount the back with the flanges around the edge sticking out and mount the light to it. The label (safety and UL) face outward. Robert
The way it is constructed, I don't think it's possible to assemble it backwards. Even if you did, the wires would run right next to the bulb- a place both too warm, and visible through the lens.