ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 414 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thanks for your comments.

I know of those books and wonder if they can be purchased from the Online Store Online Store here?

By the way I saw one of your pictures in an Electrical Inspection book recently published by NACHI showing the old A Base meters in the back of your house. I remember that picture form one of your posts awhile back.

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

G
BTW, my garage has not had any vehicle inside in 10+ years; no lawnmowers, snow blowers, etc.

Same here except that is where I keep the golf cart. Maybe I should call the top 18" "the hazardous location". (hydrogen)

The same would be true of any electric vehicle with a regular lead battery.

Greg Fretwell
H
Joe,

Back in the day when I was in business, one of my jobs was to wire up a commercial garage after there was a fire. Now I know you are talking about a resi garage, but gas doesn't care which garage floor it is sitting on. Commercial or residential, the fire job I did started when a trouble light hit the floor where there was a small amount of gasoline. The mechanic got burnt but survived the fire. The whole garage had to be rebuilt and rewired.

G
I put sprinklers in the garage I had in Md. While I was at it I also sprinklered the choke points in the house (3 more heads).

Greg Fretwell
H
Greg,

What do you man by "Choke points"?

Harold:
I'll venture a guess:

Points of convergance along the egress path. Locations where egress must be assured.

John
G
Yes, they are the places that were critical to getting out.

This was the typical split foyer 2 story and a landing where there is a foyer half way between the two floors in front and a grade level entrance there. Without jumping out a window, you have to go down those stairs and if you were in the ground floor bedroom you have to get by that point too, even if you are going out the ground floor rear exit.

The utilities are under that foyer. I sprinklered the utility room, the hallway past that door on the ground floor and the foyer itself. Later I put a door directly out of the bedroom to the deck we added with steps down to grade.

Greg Fretwell
H
Greg,

Sometimes around here and referring to road ways, we call them "bottlenecks". That is where you are trying to get 4 lanes of highways down into a 2 lane one.

I kinda of thought that was what you meant, but I wasn't sure.

Another def for 'choke point'......the moment after you explain something for the third time!!

John
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard