ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 394 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
H
Greg,

I guess EC&M doesn't want us to know about the new products that are coming out. I used to love reading that magazine, and I use to keep every issue. I loved reading the code questions, new products, and pictures of the code violations. Some were taken by our friend Joe.When EC&M dumped me several years ago, I threw out all my mags.

H
Joe,

I give up! I tried to subscribe in every which way possible. I wrote to them using as a contractor. I wrote with as an AHJ, and I even tried using the different towns that inspected. They wouldn't give me an issue, I even asked if I could buy it, but I didn't get a response from them.

Harold: You may have missed this link:
http://subscribe.ecmweb.com/subscribe.cfm?tc=NNWEB
Take a look and subscribe.

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
Send me your address, etc., in an email message and all other information so that I can be sure that it gets to the right person.

You do know, however, that the online version is always available, see my web page

www..joetedesco.org

H
Joe,

Thanks anyway, but don't bother. I haven't read that mag in such a long time, I find out more here on this board.

A really nice compliment for ECN!!! Thanks Harold!!

John
H
John,

I started out in this business in 1975. My boss would make me read the NEC to make sure that we were doing the job correctly. He also would allow me to read his EC&M mags. Then I got my own subscription. Later in the years the mag became free and I stayed with it. I loved to do the quizzes, I read Joe when he wrote code in the columns, I always like to see what's new out in the filed. Then Joe started to "Find the violation" pictures, and I use to scour them with a fine tooth comb. However times got tough and prices rose and I understand. Joe and I were on *P* back then and I learned that there is nothing better than learning from my fellow peers. I enjoyed the web chats and bulletin boards. I have been on several other beside here, but I always come back. There is never any flaming on this board. People here treat you with respect and listen to one another. I enjoy that and I like to put my 2 cents in here when I can. I apologize, that I am usually "Johnny come lately" and I don't get here as much as I like to. The people here are not just electricians, AHJ's they are also like friends. I will try to be here as long as I can.

Harold:

To be reminded of Prodigy and when we discussed the NEC brings me back to around 1990-91. Where are all of those members now?

G
I still talk to Ed now and then and Caper is here. Four out of 8 isn't bad for a 20 year old gang.

Greg Fretwell
Greg:

I was leaving to come home to the USA when I met Walter Specht who had just arrived in Bagdad, Iraq in November 2009.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard