ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 486 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Seems like Schneider (parent of Sq D here) took the stab-loc design?

Interesting, last I saw here (US) the 'listed replacement' stab-loc cbs were made by a company called American Breaker, and they were $$$$.

Thanks guys

John
LOL,
From the website:
The Stab-lok circuit breaker system continues to set the industry standard for durable connections.

What??

Last I heard, these things were a fire hazard. crazy

T
twh Offline
Sometimes the connection is too durable. I've broken breakers trying to get them out. They have even left the stabs in the panel.

I've seen more than one electrician get both sides of the breaker on the same phase. Another problem is that on 3 phase the narrow breakers are phased AA BB CC instead of A B C. It's never home-owners getting that one wrong.

I installed a stablok load centre a month ago. They have a new problem. The bars in the panel are now made of some real soft material that bends out of the way when you try to plug in a breaker. I had to shut down the power and fix the bent metal in the panel. That's the end of FPE panels for me.

It seems to be the new way.

Anyone want to talk about Chev vans?

A
YES!!!!!we have and we are hated them . They are cheap and locals loved cheap! So...

A
Chev van's are great.They made in unknown country,from scrap parts,and people why build them have no pride of work .Chev van great,slowly falling apart,and always have surprise for you. God bless America.

P
I wouldn't want to take people's options away from them. Some people know enough to do what they have to do safely. I wouldn't want to cater to the people who DON'T know enough, by taking it away from EVERYONE.

People aren't braindead (if they were, they'd be a pile of skin on the ground... oozing all over). Every guy "knows what they're doin" smile

P
I did that breaker mistake too... and then I stopped blush

Last edited by pooL8; 03/04/11 08:09 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard