ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
2 members (Scott35, HotLine1), 426 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Ob:
Sorry....."RE" is renewable energy. Solar, wind, geo, etc.

How are you supposed to do the three jobs to get certified, IF you have to be certified to install solar?

Sounds like a dog chasing his tail.

No, I have not switched power generators. I'm still with the area POCO (JCP&L/First Energy)

John
Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
S
I've never gotten over the hump of multiple trucks and employees. It has usually been me and a helper. I have friends that have trucks and guys. I have decided that I want to work alone. I have a few guys with experience that I can call on when I need help. I used them when I did some commercial up-fits. I have 3 kids and a family that are my priority. I can make good living working on my own be it with service work or new resi. I figure that down the road when my kids are older I will invest the time to grow the business. Don't let the money be your priority.

Schenimann,
I'm at that place now. I have had help in the past and used subs for years on bigger projects. But now I find the kids are older and so am I. So that leads me to this post. I have thusfar been able to always stay busy and had one of my best years last year. So thats no been an issue, unless that changes with employees?

Ob

Choose your customers, don't let them choose you.
P
For me small will be better.
Realistically if I make an severly under-payed Journeyman's wage (what I'm used to) for 3 full days a week, then I won't know any better.

I can't really buy time, and I need lots of it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard