ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 428 guests, and 34 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
$192k?.....with the NJ saying....'fugadaboutit'

John
S
Originally Posted by gfretwell
Love them or hate them, electrical utilities can get power to your house a lot cheaper than you can make it yourself.
You hit it right on the head. maybe with a few exceptions, you can't beat the POCO at their game

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa
Originally Posted by HotLine1
Yes Sparky, that little 4" thing would be tough!

It will be interesting to see what a finished unit looks like. Real world...if that thing in his hand could power my house, and the $$$ was reasonable, I'm on the waiting list for one.

Heck, where does the gas piping go? Where's the power connections?

TBC

The little stack is just the membrane and anode/cathode... See the websites for pictures of what the completed system looks like. In its current size, I think it's only realistic for commercial users. The 60 minutes video takes a peek inside one, and probably provides the best size comparison than the promotion material.

S
sparky Offline OP
Originally Posted by sparkyinak
Originally Posted by gfretwell
Love them or hate them, electrical utilities can get power to your house a lot cheaper than you can make it yourself.
You hit it right on the head. maybe with a few exceptions, you can't beat the POCO at their game

Dunno if you fella's read it , but Vermont's Congress is busy voting our nuke plant (Yankee) into a decommision date here

Our main poco ,Central Vermont Public Service, came out with a rate shock statement pertinent to this occuring (2012?....)

Anywho, i've done off grid's , or grid ties here in the past, but it's always been those bloody do-gooder save the planet types of customers, you know, the sorts that can carry on about paper vs. plastic until your ears bleed....

The thing is, with significant rate spikes, Joe average is going to be all ears (and wallet) for anything being marketed

Add to this, we've a great rebate system for those that do buy into alt energy, but i fear that same state entity really doesn't monitor what constitutes electrical reality, as much as it beancounts

~S~

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard