ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 404 guests, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Isn't Joe Tedesco in Iraq right now, doing pretty much this?

G
I bet Joe is not working for $40,000 a year.

Greg Fretwell
Cat Servant
Primitive conditions, rampaging loco locals, inclement weather .... those I can handle.

K
I'm really wondering if maybe they don't need inspectors there so much as they do more qualified electricians supplied with the proper materials and necessary equipment to perform safe installations and make competent repairs.
Everything I have read always seems to indicate that a lack of qualified workers and supplies are the root of the underlying problem.

G
This is a place where the "inspector" should be the "instructor". I ran into a similar situation when I was the state inspector and looking at work done by park rangers, maintenance men and volunteers. It seemed like teaching them about where the mistakes were made and showing them the right way, was the only ethical/practical thing to do. A lot of times this involves explaining the hazard we are trying to avoid. It makes the code sound more logical and easier to understand.
Fortunately I had that latitude as a state employee/contractor.
These Army guys will be in a similar situation. I guess that is why Tedesco is there. I learned a lot of what I know from him.

Greg Fretwell
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard