ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 419 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I had a rather bad experience with a swallow as a kid.
I was trout fishing next to a bridge on the creek near home.
The thought that there could be birds living under the bridge never really occurred to me at the time.
Casted my line into the water and let it run down-stream, all of a sudden I saw something move to my right, it was very fast moving, the next thing I noticed I had a pain in my right bicep, a swallow had banged into my arm and I was bleeding quite badly, all this time I was being swooped by other swallows.
I've never fished near bridges since.

Having said all that, swallows would have to be my favourite bird, for the size of them they can fly very fast.
We used to get lots of them in new dairy sheds, flying around eating sand-flies and house flies and the odd spider too, all you'd normally see is this small thing with a forked tail tearing around the shed, they were nice to watch.

S
A funny story about barn swallows. A few years ago, a barn swallow made a nest on a light over a door and the upper deck on one of our floathouses. A contractor was in the process of moving it when one of the caretakers (who had nothing to do with the project) stopped the project because he felt the momma bird was not going to find the nest. That was several thousand of tax payer dollars in the toilet.

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa

Wood work but can't!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard