ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 404 guests, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
With the exception of the 15 A 2 pole C/B below the main they are all Crouse-Hinds breakers, and it's 50/50 on that 2 pole,it's a Murray or a Siemens/ITE .Crouse-Hinds was Murray, and Siemens has renamed it as Murray.

B
It's kind of cold here in Baltimore.

Fly me out, feed and house me for a week, and we'll get that mess (and probably your new sub panel) sorted out in no time flat!

This comes with an end of the runway warranty!

Seriously, call a Good Electrician. I can hook you up with a good one up in SLO.

Last edited by BryanInBalt; 01/07/08 12:10 AM. Reason: add

Design-Build isn't supposed to mean design *as* you build.
F
Originally Posted by frenchelectrican
I will echo's other guys comments about this panelbox and this is a pretty serious issue there because i can tell some of the breakers are sitting pretty loose.

it is far much eaiser to get the electrician to take care of this matter because there is a open bussbar on the right side of breaker box if not carefull it will do pretty serious damage there.

that the reason why we recomoned get a electrician to comeout and take care of this matter.

Merci, Marc

it should reword " live bussbar "

[ sorry about that i try to reedit but it have timelimit on this thing oh well ]

Merci

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)

J
If this were my panel or a customers panel it would be history. A "mess" is an understatement. Do not try to do this yourself, and do not use piggy back breakers. Get someone who is qualified. The work that you have inherited is not professional by any means. I would have the whole house inspected.

E
My, my, my. A tiny little panel like that in a fairly new house? That really does scream of corner cutting by the builder. I don't think I've seen anything smaller than a single 40 circuit panel in any new home built since at least the mid 1970's (even that's a stretch). I know that I haven't seen a 100 amp service on a new house in at least that long, but as I've been told here before, they still do them in some parts of the country.

Bob, I know that it sounds as if everyone is beating you up, but that's not our intention. We just don't want you to take comfort in thinking that everything is OK when it truly is not. There really are quite a few issues from the ground up (no pun intended) that need to be addressed BEFORE you even consider the dryer issue. The issues that have been pointed out would be bad enough in an indoor panel, but when it's outdoors, that compounds the problem. You should get the inspection/repairs/replacement taken care of now while it's still possible. The whole thing really looks like an accident waiting to happen.

---Ed---

"But the guy at Home Depot said it would work."
This is not a DIY forum.
That includes "how much will it cost me" questions, as well

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard