ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 414 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#142881 05/27/05 10:55 PM
Trumpy Offline OP
Just a little note about PVC conduit.
Back when I first started my time as an Electrical apprentice, I thought all this conduit work stuff was really easy, with respect to bending it and so forth.
I'd really only worked with 20, 25 and 32mm stuff at the time, which of course you can bend reasonably easily with an internal bending spring over your knee.
Having some 40 and 50mm conduit turn up on a job we were doing, changed that idea.
For the first few off-sets that needed to be done on the runs of conduit, I was taught to heat the conduit up (carefully!) with a heat gun and then coax it into shape.
At least that was the theory anyway, I wrecked a few bends in the process when I'd bend the conduit either the wrong way or it was bent too far and couldn't be bent back without it "rippling". GRRR
Mind you, it seems to me that a lot of Electricians here these days just use a conduit socket and change to flexible for the off-set and then back to rigid again using another socket.
Having got used to bending the larger sizes of PVC conduit now, I prefer to bend it over any other method, it looks neater too.
Good lord Alan,
That sounds like an interesting (yet dangerous) concoction, it's sort of hard to imagine how a drink like that would taste.
As for the bacon, it's really hard to find decent bacon these days, like a lot of other things, the Cholestrol Police have cracked down on anything that tastes anything remotely like real food, and made it all "98% Fat (and taste) Free". [Linked Image]

#142882 05/28/05 04:35 PM
We have to import our bacon, (and tea, and Heinz baked-beans), so it's a rare treat nowadays. I could woff, right now, 3 unsmoked back rashers and a fried egg in a giant American hamburher bap, slightly toasted, with lettuce, tomato and mayo and a big mug of 'builders'( half a pint of stewed, strong tea, color of bitumen,).
Sigh!
Alan

Alan

Wood work but can't!
#142883 05/30/05 05:50 AM
Trumpy,
Q. How do you know when a plane load of Brits arrives at Aukland airport?
A. The whining continues after the engines stop.
Alan

*typo*

[This message has been edited by Alan Belson (edited 05-30-2005).]

Wood work but can't!
#142884 06/01/05 01:59 AM
Trumpy Offline OP
Ouch!,
That's a bit rough. [Linked Image]
Mind you, they'd go a long way to drown out the whining that's already going on there. [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 06-01-2005).]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard