ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 404 guests, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Scott35 Offline OP
Broom Pusher and
Just wanted to thank everyone for the replies!
Had seen this on many H.V. Transmission circuits over the years, and finally I know what to call it!
[Linked Image]

What's odd is the only Transposition method I have seen is with the two circuits "turning" in the same direction -
i.e.:
"A", "B" & "C"
transpose to:
"C", "A" & "B"
on both circuits on the same pole
(like shown in the image).
After reading Bjarney's message, it's funny that the rotation does not spin different between the two circuits. Makes sense to me having them spin in opposing directions.

The image I posted here is a two circuit 3Ø 3W setup, and judging from the size of the Insulators, the Voltage must be 66KV.
It runs through an easement - along with another 66KV 2 circuit setup and a two circuit 138KV setup; from an SCE yard, through the City of Anaheim's yard, to another SCE yard.
This image was taken apx. 1.5 miles Northwest of Disneyland.

Anyhow, thanks again everyone for the replies!

Scott35

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
N
Scott,
I have been waiting to reply to this because there is a slang term for this. I just can't remember what it is! My lineman Friend told it to me years ago but he has moved away and I am haven't heard back from him. I agree it's probably 66KV. It's probably part of the runs that used to run trough Disneyland's parking lot.

O
I don't want to sound like a know-it-all, but I thought I would add my input. A majority of sub-transmission lines throughout the USA run at 69kV, 46kV, and 34.5kV. By the looks of the tower, that looks like a 69kV tower to me. Alot of 69kV sub-tranmission lines were built on lattice towers. Nowadays, they are being built on wooden structures, steel poles and sometimes maybe concrete poles. Here is an example of AC circuits that run in the USA if you have always wanted to know this. 115kV, 138kV, 161kV, 230kV, 287kV, 345kV, 500kV and 765kV. There is a 1,000kV DC line in Oregon. Hope this helps.
~Nick Ogden

N. Ogden
C
Nick,
That slang wouldn't be "Tramp", would it?

N
I don't think so. I seem to have lost contact with my friend. I have known him for 20 years and sometimes he disappears for a while. [Linked Image]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard