ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 335 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
SvenNYC... [Linked Image] thats what i thought too. indoor plug.

R
I doubt that the groung level is still water proof, the cover looks like the gardener has attached it with both a mower and a weed whacker. A couple of more trimmings and that cover should be gone.

W
The above installation seems to violate the following:

Article 225.26
Article 406.8(b)(1)(2)

E
We raise a serious question here. I'd be interested to know a percentage of jurisdictions that do like the one I work for: "Work within the premises by "Facilities" is just maintenance, here. Last time I pointed out some unpermitted electrical work by municipal employees in our building, I received a frowning verbal reprimand. (Interesting that they didn't make it written!).
NFPA 70, Art. 90 includes work by "Facilities".
Uniform Administrative Code (for those of us in ICBO territory) sec. 301 requires a permit for that "Facilities" work, and makes it a violation of Law to do otherwise (UAC sec. 205).

F
now that is very instering to see the set up oh man in n.e. wisconsin and france ( that where i came from ) will not permet that kind of set up and yeah i did see 3 gang box but not too often kinda of rare the hardest one i see is a 4 gang version anyway that have toooooooo many voilations but have gfci there but should have in use cover and btw how many branch line i belive that set up is too much for 1 line to take it but that is very instering trap to see and rigid pipe ??? humm ya guys should know that all tree do move someway that is the fastet way to destory box if you get my point

merci marc

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)

Y
code for mounting conduit and boxes on a tree

225.26 is all I can find.

The main thing to be concerned with is not the tree growing up, but out. UF stapled to trees is the worst. As the tree increases in diameter, the staples stay put, and the tree pushes the UF out until the staples cut through the insulation.

I remember some sage advice I heard a long time ago. Use RMC only, use stand-off straps, and keep the screws slightly loose.

Nevertheless, I like to use PVC on really gnarly trees, like the live oaks that grow here in TX. If you have a large hotbox, you can form the conduit to the most convoluted trunk shape. It is as natural a look as you can get.

C
At the very least with the open duplex recptacle they allowed for future expansion.

Y
"UF stapled to trees is the worst."

OK, I take that back. It is the worst that could be expected of someone who means well and is reasonably competent. Romex or 16/3 orange extension cord stapled to the tree is even worse.

Z
Ummm...don't trees grow? I think someone overlooked that too.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard