ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

>> Home   >> Electrical-Photos   >> Classifieds   >> Subscribe to Newsletter   >> Store  
 

Advertisement:-Left

Custom and Personalized Fall Gifts and Decor
Halloween Gifts and Decor

Recent Gallery Topics:
What in Tarnation?
What in Tarnation?
by timmp, September 10
Plumber meets Electrician
Plumber meets Electrician
by timmp, September 10
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 589 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,056
R
Redsy Offline OP
Member
...the idea of the owner sitting in the tub and flicking a switch didn't sound to safe.....

I agree, but I don't believe that installing a switch that is accessible from a tub is prohibited. Some times in small bathrooms, there isn't much choice.

Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades

Workgear for Electricians

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,413
Likes: 10
Member
Redsy:
Yes, I have to agree, an accessable switch seems to be NEC compliant. As long as it's not within the tub 'footprint', like a receptacle. I know of no prohibition (NEC)
John


John
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,507
G
Member
That "Confused in MA" comment was a shot at iWire from MA, just an attempt to get a raise out of him. Bob (iWire) is a very qualified electrician and a sharp code quy. Apparently didn't see my comment.


George Little
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,413
Likes: 10
Member
George:
I know what you were getting at, and I agree about Bob....guess he didn't get to this thread yet!
John


John
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 4,391
I
Moderator
I have been to embaresed to look back in on this thread... [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

I have to run, I will be back. [Linked Image]


Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5